Sub U Systems is a successful and growing thirteen-year-old technology company that designs, develops, and produces highly secure, robust, exceedingly flexible IP tactical networking and computing appliances, including IoT and M2M solutions, to Military, Government, and commercial customers globally. The Sub-U Systems brand targets new markets for our existing technology portfolio.
Sub U Systems believes companies in any industry can benefit from a highly secure, high-performance information security solution We’re seeking a qualified Business Development Manager to extend our global reach through expert discovery and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. Our ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, show initiative, and help build the business.
- Managing both our existing sales pipeline and developing new business opportunities
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
- Develop strategies and positions by analyzing new venture integration
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing strategies
- Track performance and report metrics
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends and customer drivers and meet regularly with management and stakeholders to discuss strategy
- Manage proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements, content creation, and inputs from various sources
- Generate new leads, identify, and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select the deals that are in line with strategies, and lead and facilitate pitch logistics
- Develop and implement overarching outbound sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; negotiate prices for proactive bids and proposals
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
- Attend trade shows and Customer sites/events
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, management, or similar field
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales within a B2B, Federal Government, or DOD setting
- Stong understanding of the Government bidding and procurement processes, or an understanding of the process from prior military experience.
- Availability to travel to trade shows and customer sites/events, once the pandemic allows
- Experience analyzing RFPs and bid documents, compiling cost estimates, and writing bid packages and proposals.
- Work experience in tech or other verticals
- Experience with CRM software (i.e., Salesforce)
- Experience with project management tools (i.e. Liquid Planner)
- Experience with network technology
- Ability to deliver persuasive presentations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, proposal, and organizational skills
- Personal integrity
- Ability to balance persuasion with professionalism
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to structure/manage business dynamics with strong strategic thinking and planning skills, and strong risk management skills
We provide a work environment that is fast paced and allows for practical and innovative solutions. Sub U offers a friendly work environment where all employees are highly motivated towards a common goal of providing customers the best product/solution possible. Our employees take tremendous pride in the products and solutions developed. As a result, employees share in the success of the company through benefits, including:
- Medical Insurance subsidy
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrued each pay period
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan with company match
- Professional development
- Fitness or healthy lifestyle incentives
- Potential for Profit Sharing based on overall company performance
Applicant must be a United States citizen and must be willing to undergo a background check since this position requires the ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance. Qualified employees may receive a security clearance. In addition, candidates who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Sub-U is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Applicants should email their resume AND cover letter to [email protected]