Sub U Systems is a successful and growing thirteen-year-old technology company that designs, develops, and produces highly secure, robust, exceedingly flexible IP tactical networking and computing appliances, including IoT and M2M solutions, to Military, Government, and commercial customers globally. The Sub-U Systems brand targets new markets for our existing technology portfolio.
This position is an excellent opportunity for hard-working, independent, and disciplined Computer Engineers and Computer Science majors to apply their skills toward solving unique, challenging, and complex IP networking problems implementing Cisco, Aruba, and Sub U Systems IP networking routers/appliances as well as virtualization technologies from VMware and Nutanix. The position primarily involves designing, implementing, and sustaining/troubleshooting, networking/information technology appliances across several different vendors on customer remote sites.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of, and have hands on experience with Cisco IOS, Linux and networking technologies.
- Designs, Develops, implements, and fields networking environment by designing system configuration; participating in and overseeing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies, defining, and monitoring access
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects
- BS/BA in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar field
- Strong IP routing and networking protocol experience, including IPv6 experience
- Experience with commercial enterprise grade IP networking routers (e.g., Cisco, Aruba)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills combined with the ability to effectively communicate technical issues
- Ability to identify, deploy, and manage complex networking systems
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Deep understanding of and hands on experience with Cisco IOS, Linux and networking technologies
- Experience with x86 virtualization technologies (XEN, KVM, VMware, Nutanix)
- Cisco certification holder
- Experience with security documentation and accreditation life cycles
- Experience with end-user training
We provide a work environment that is fast-paced and allows for practical and innovative solutions. Sub U offers a friendly work environment where all employees are highly motivated towards a common goal of providing customers with the best product/solution possible. Our employees take tremendous pride in the products and solutions developed. As a result, employees share in the success of the company through benefits, including:
- Medical Insurance subsidy
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrued each pay period
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan with company match
- Professional development
- Fitness or healthy lifestyle incentives
- Potential for Profit Sharing based on overall company performance
Applicants must be a United States citizen and must be willing to undergo a background check since this position requires the ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance. Qualified employees may receive a security clearance. In addition, candidates who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Sub-U is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Applicants should email their resume AND cover letter to [email protected]